Friday, May 13, 2016

5/9 - 5/15

Mon - 8++ (61:29) decent loop on the back side of Barrington by the pond- has some good rollers thru the frost half.

Tues - 9+ (68:38) in Davers with Casey (college teammate) mix of roads and trails.

Wed - off got home late last night and told felt mentally tired..played basketball instead.

Thurs - 8.5m (57:04) in Dover with Alex, felt good run was conversational.

Fri - 6+ (42:49) Started to down pour right before I got out the door. Decided to stay on the back roads and avoid the main roads as much as possible.

Sat - 10m (Peepers 5k) headed over to the local Peeper 5k (.5m from my house) I knew Alex would be coming but wasn't sure who else might show. Game plan was simple if I was in the top 3 or had a shot at it I would race or keep racing if not I would shut it down for tomorrow. After the opening mile I was well out of the race, I backed off and finished up 7th in 18:44.

Sun - am - 8m (Spirt of recovery 5k) This race is part of the Dover race series, I wanted to make sure I was there as I missed the first 3 races. Warmed up over the course which had some good hills and a lot of wind. It was clear early there was a hand full of guys that could be in the front pack, once the race was off we broke into two groups. After the first mile it was clear I was racing for 3rd, on the down hill Miles Brady built up a good gap that I wasn't able to cover. I tried to close it up over the last mile but was barely gaining ground. Finished up 4th in (17:51) better then last week. 



Summary - 54m (6days) legs are feeling better and more adjusted to being back in NH. Made the plan with Alex to begin working out, i know I still have a ton of work to do hoping by the fall to be back running fast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment