Monday, May 2, 2016

5/2 - 5/8

Mon - am - 3+ (24:39) lucked out and got done before the rain started.

PM - 5m (35:53) @ hotel

Tues - 10m (1:16:15) first couple with the girls while they warmed up. Rest with Aaron on roads and trails.

Wed - 8+ (58:22) Solo around town, over dressed, prepared for 40's and rain and got no rain.

Thurs - AM - 3+ (26:47) sweet rd loop

Pm - 6m (East Berne 5k) A weekly Pub race in East Berne NY. Decided to go up and see what the course was like. I knew it was hilly and the last mile was down hill. Got out hard and tried to chase Macknight as long as I could (fully knowing he is a better climber and let's be honest just a tad faster) I realized early that my climbing legs weren't there. I was caught in the hills of the 2nd mile by Ray, he quickly opened a 5-7 sec gap. As we hit the down hill I continued to work to close the gap (didn't want to be that guy who went out hard and died) was able to catch up with a little over 800 to go and continue to move on the downs and finish 2nd in my 1 and only run to the pub race.
Above is the elevation profile for the East Berne 5k (out and back course)

Fri - Am - 5+ (40:52) had to run over to Malta and pick up my car at the parking lot I left it at last night for the race.

Pm- 4++ (nT) met Renee at the track dos the warm up and recovery jogs with her.

Sat - AM - 5m (39:07) with KQ around the neighborhoods.

Sun - Am 9m (moms on the run 5k)
My first race of the Dover race series, I arrived just before 8am and spotted double J in the parking lot. After picking up bibs (and watching Jim struggle with his area code) we headed out for a course loop. Felt pretty good on the warm up and thought I could build off last weeks race. The first mile has some down hill so I was expecting to see a little faster of a split, when I came across in 5:30 I switched to trying to maintain the effort. I could tell Thursday's effort was still there and was unable to go any faster. Managed to hang on for 2nd and get some points.
Coming into the finish



Pm - 4m (30:10) nice easy shake out

Summary - 63m - 2 ok races. Continuing to build back up, this next week will be interesting with starting a new job and being back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment