Tuesday, May 10, 2011

B1st peepers 5k / Nashua 6k

This weekend was a busy weekend with my hometown race saturday and the GP 6k sunday. Saturday turned out to be more of a struggle then anything else, I had some blood drawn for my new job and felt light headed when I woke up that morning. I felt like I was pressing the whole race and never had a point of feeling smooth, I was able to get 2nd in 16:44 I felt that I should have been able to hang with the winner better but just didn't happen. Going into sunday I figured that it would be much of the same as the day before, Lucky for me I felt really good it wasn't till the last mile that I started to hurt but never slowed down I just wasn't able to change gears late. Overall I was 35th in 20:19 which is my first time at this distance.

It was a good weekend and looking forward to having this next one off and getting ready for Rhody.

No comments:

Post a Comment