Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4/20 - 4/26

Mon - 5am - 5+ (NT) met with Jessy for an easy morning run. Legs felt surprisingly good and lucked out to only minimal rain.

545pm - 9m (4xhills rd) was really struggling with motivation this afternoon. Not sure if it was the weather or what. Finally got going and headed over to hills rd, the plan was to do 4 reps and run quick but relaxed. Wanted to shorten the workouts this week with a race planned for the weekend. 
Times: 256/256/255/248
Very happy with this workout, not only was it my best set of 4 reps this cycle but I felt very strong and smooth climbing! Not bad for lacking motivation.

Tues-640pm - 11+ (1:20:17) decided to wait for Macknight and joined on one of his loops (new for me)

Wed- 5am - 4.5m (nt)

530pm - 11m (16x400) 200R. Met Macknight and Pat Carroll at the skidmore track for this workout. Today was another one of those unfocused days, thinking about it now with changing jobs this week my mind has been running with plenty of other items. The workout itself went well with the target being (77-80) per interval, I was solo in the intervals which added some toughness to this workout.

Times: 78/80/79/80/80/80/81/80/79/79/78/79/78/77/76/75

Thurs - 5pm - 10m (1:14:20) No morning run today as I wanted a bit more rest after yesterdays workout. Decided to head to the bike path and run on the cinder, was a bit chilly out but otherwise nice to be on the trails.

730pm - 1hr massage

Fri - 5am - 5m (NT) body felt pretty good after yesterdays massage

430pm - 9m (1:01:08) It was feeling like winter all over again! snow and all I started to wonder if maybe I slept thru summer. Decided to tuck into the neighborhoods and loop together some random streets to hide from the elements, was a decent run considering the weather.

Sat - 9am - 5m (36:42) normal loop in the neighborhood, legs feel good and have some lift to them.

6pm - 5m (38:04) Easy shakeout in Dedham Ma. First 3m were with Renee and Erin, 2nd bit was solo around the area.

Sun - 10am - 13m (James Joyce 10k) 36:10 - Race report to follow.

Summary - 88m with 2 good workouts and 1 shit race. Had planned another run for Sunday when I got home but by that time I was spent. I shot Eric a text to decide what I was going to do, if he said run again I was gonna force myself out the door. I was instead told to call it a day, the next couple weeks I need to focus on some of the things from this past race and refocus for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment