Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4 on the 4th


Today we ran the 4 on the 4th in Keene, a group of 12-15 of us went out for a warm up looking at the crew I knew this was gonna be a fast race. After the warm up we all headed to the truck to change shoes on the way to the start 1 more fast person showed up, the race had the feel of a GP race. Right as the race started the entire group from the warm-up formed into the lead pack, we cruised in a pack to the mile I didn't wear a watch so I didn't get splits all i cared about was hanging on. After the mile the front guys started to pull ahead I tucked in behind Thomas and Ryan. I followed them till about 2 miles when George went by me I tried to latch on to him at about 2.5 miles it was me, George and Ryan B all pushing together we hit 3 miles around 15:45. George made a hard push and we tried to to cover over the next half mile we tried to catch back up with George by each putting in surges to try and make up the ground, we started to gain ground until about .5 left were Pete was standing and George re-opened the gap. I tried to battle Ryan to the finish but he was able to close a bit faster then me and I know Thomas was still around so I knew there was no chance to let up. I ended up crossing in 20:59 a 16 sec pr and 1 sec ahead of Thomas, so my thought of him being close was pretty correct. Overall it was a great day everyone ran really good and its always fun to run a fast race with a great group of friends. Afterwards we all went to Hammett's to bbq play wiff and swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment