Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jog 4 Jugs 5k

Today was the Jog 4 Jugs 5k in Duanesburg NY, we arrived at 8:15 and I got out for a warm up with Nick Webster. We previewed the first part of the course the race also has a half marathon that runs with it, which was the race Nick was doing the half started 10 mins before the 5k which we didn't know until we got to the line. Once the fields we broken out I had a feeling it would be a solo effort, I knew it was a out and back with the second half having all the climbing so Eric told me to get out hard. I was looking for today to be a good workout and get a hard effort in before bedford next weekend. As soon as we took off I was out front solo and pushed the pace on the opening mile while still trying to stay in control ( form wise) I hit the mile at 5:07 this was the only split i had as the markers were set up for the half so they didn't match up for the 5k. I was happy with the effort and was able to snag the CR along with the win in 17:37, I struggled a bit with the last climb but felt if I was with someone I could have hung on. After I headed out for a cool down with Karen (who won the women's race and 2nd overall) we hung out until Nick finished the half and got the W there also. Overall it was a good day we had 3 out of 4 wins at the race, I am looking forward to next weekend and racing on a faster course.

No comments:

Post a Comment