Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wk 14

Mon - 10m (62:17) good tempo run. This is the first tempo I have done on the roads all year, was a bit of a shock to the system.

Tues - Am - 5m (39:10)
Pm - 7m (47:57)

Wed - 14m (track) Goal: 5xMile (530-510) half rest
Headed down to Shen High to meet up with Pete and Ryan, got in 3+ for the warm-up before getting ready for some fun.
Times: 5:32/5:29/5:25/5:27/5:16
Legs were a bit stiff at the start after the first 2 reps I felt I got locked in pretty well, minus the hiccup on the 4th on (got out to slow.)

Thurs - 10m (1:10:49) Solo run in the afternoon before working the PM shift

Fri - Am 3m (22:15)
Pm - 8+ (56:34) Tried to miss the rain, waiting till after going to chiro

Sat - 8m (56:38) Legs were pretty tight but other then that no issues

Sun - 15m (Delmar Dash)
Got in a 3m warm up with the Fleet Feet crew, legs were feeling pretty tight and tired. Figured it was just me over thinking pre-race. Got out relaxed, the first couple miles I was ok. Wanted to try and move up after 2m, noticed quickly that I was already grinding. I tried to close the gap on the guys in front of me but wasn't happening. Overall a good workout for the day.
Got in a nice 7m cooldown with Kristina Gracy as she needed another 10m. Sadly enough my legs felt loose and responsive on the cooldown...guess I just needed some time to warm up.


Total - 80m

Good 2nd week of Marathon training 7 weeks to go

No comments:

Post a Comment