Sunday, March 3, 2013

2/25 - 3/3

Mon- 0 had thoughts of taking time off. After a pep talk from Sam Wood those thoughts were out the window.
Tues - 8m (57:14) Eric had a loop planned and I followed. It was nice to keep it easy. Need to do this a bit more often.
Wed- Am 5m (38:17) had a training class all day but some time to kill in the morning. After work went to help a former co-worker with some home renovations .
Pm 4m (26:45)
Thurs - Am 3+ (23:20) more renovation work after work.
Pm 6+ (45:20) did a pick up for the last .57 in 3:01 felt good to turn the legs over.
Friday - 5+ (36:17) a bit quick for the day before a race. Everything felt good so no complaints.
Sat - 10m drove to Florence mass with the hope of a low key 5k to get things going. As I headed out for a warm up I saw Chris and Heather and ended warming up with them. Once the race went off it was 5 of us out front. Didn't see many splits on the course but just fought to hold on. We ended up being sent the wrong way for 3m which brought us out behind the finish line. A couple guys had gps watches on to give the total distance and we worked with the times to at least get the time and place right..still messed up in the online results. I ended up 5th with what we figure was 16:50 effort. There was a WMDP guy in front of me who was on 16:40 pace per his watch and I was 10secs back. All in all it worked out got the hard effort I was looking for and my legs felt like they were there.
Afterwards headed to Fyffe's for maple brew fest.
Sun - 9m at Ferenc's house. Went out on. The trails with the crew, the snow was pretty deep having short legs didn't help. Was a fun run tho..felt 7 or 8 times but no one saw cuz I suck at running in deep snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment